Thursday, April 22, 2010

my website!

Please visit my website at : www.cs.trinity.edu/~nmohamma . Making a website was a lot harder than I expected. There were so many little tasks that had to be done perfectly in order to get the ideal website! I downloaded Expression Web the day that it was introduced in class. I played around with it a few times so i could get a hold of things and the way they worked. I also used photoshop element 6. Unfortunately, my trial with edition 8 was finished so i had to downloade a lower edition. I reallly like my home page in addition to my photo gallery page. I made my homepage on photoshop and i put a my favorites collage. I got the background off of the source code of someones website! When I looked at the individuals code, it felt so good understanding a lot of the code. I really enjoyed making my backgrounds, most were made on photoshop. If i could change something i wouldve added a few more pages and maybe add more explainations on the pages. My biggest technical challenge would have been getting everything centered on different resolution pages and computer screens. On some computer everything was centered and perfected, but when i opened it on my friends computers to show them everything was off. There wasn't really much I could do though. Another technical challenge i had was dealing with the table. With tables inserted on pages it was hard to center and perfect the pages. My biggest design challenge was getting the background to all flow and match. I didnt want the background to draw attention from the content on the page! I'm going home this weekend and i cant wait to show my parents and my friends my website! I'll definately look into making another website in the future.

2 comments:

  1. I loved your website, Neyaz! Your color scheme was really great, and I'm so impressed that you got some of the backgrounds by viewing other websites' source code. You had lots of fun pictures, too. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neyaz! Great website! Your homepage was my favorite. I really loved how much your website reminded me of your personality. All about glamor and fashion! Each background and picture just screamed Neyaz :)

    ReplyDelete